Fagunia Farmstay-Entire Villa
About Fagunia Farmstay
Literally handbuilt stone by stone by a Kumaoni farmer and now lovingly rebuilt and expanded by a Pahadi-Telugu couple, Fagunia Farmstay is a special mountain villa to experience and an epitome of subtle charms and understated luxury. With two spacious suites and two independent bedrooms, the sprawling villa is perfect for a family or a large group wanting complete private access to the 2 acre farm estate. Surrounded by a beautiful pine forest and a seasonal waterfall on two sides, farms on another side and with spectacular views of the mountains of Pangot and Nainital in front, we are sure you will fall in love with the place like we did. Nestled in a quiet little hamlet and accessed by a beautiful but adventurous drive through an enchanting forest that is full of birds and old British era arched bridges over waterfalls, this little piece of heaven is about 15 km before Nainital.
This is a perfect place for that discerning traveller who is looking for something off the beaten track, literally. Go on long walks in the surrounding sun dappled forests in search of colourful birds and butterflies. Lend a helping hand on the farm. Observe the unhurried pace of village life. Write your next great book or come up with a life changing idea. Or just find a quiet corner, put up your feet, stare at the beautiful vista, relax and slowly let go of all your worries. Fagunia Farmstay is an oasis of bliss and peace amidst verdant greens and earthy browns. The villa is situated on a verdant 2 acre farm estate with banj, pomegranate, kafal, malta, lime, bhimal, peach, apricot and other trees in abundance.
The sprawling stone villa, which is built across three levels, has two independent suites with ensuite bathrooms and two independent bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms along with a common kitchen and an al fresco dining area. There are also extensive garden and other outdoor relaxation areas with private nooks and niches where you can leave the world behind and imbibe the peace and quiet. Each of the suites and rooms is specially curated around a theme and luxuriously appointed and furnished with handpicked antique furniture, furnishings and art pieces to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The villa also comes with many eco-friendly and special features such as solar water heating, sustainable waste management, farm to table produce for cooking and more, which we hope will enhance your stay even further. Hope your stay at this labor of love of ours will help you make memories for a lifetime.
You can also book the individual suites and rooms at Fagunia separately, which you can check out here.
Room Type: Entire villa
Bathrooms: 4 ensuite
Bedrooms: 4 main+2 attic
Check In: 02:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Meals: Vegetarian meals included. See below.
Hair Dryer: Available on request
Board Games: Available on request. See below.
Smoking: No smoking. See below.
Pets: See below
Additional Costs & Services
Adults/Children: See below
Extra people: See below
Laundry: Only washing. ₹25/piece.
Train station pickup/drop: Available. See below.
Long Stay Discounts: For long stay bookings, please contact us.
By staying at Fagunia Farmstay, you are also helping to reduce your impact on the local environment. Read more about the environment friendly measures we have adopted in running and maintaining Fagunia Farmstay here.
Things to Note
- This is our dream home which we worked on for years to give it its present shape. While we have done our very best to equip the villa with the best fittings and furnishings to provide a luxury hotel like comfort we request you to be considerate and treat it like your home and not as a hotel. Given its remote location and close proximity to nature, there may be inconveniences that you may face but rest assured we will do our best to offer you a memorable experience.
- Our meals are served as per a fixed menu and at designated times in the common al fresco dining area. Our food is a blend of local Pahari cuisine with northern and southern Indian cuisine influences.
- Lunch on the day of checkin is not included unless requested by guests. Please confirm a day before your checkin date if lunch on day of checkin is required. This lunch will be a simple vegetarian meal.
- Since we are an eco-friendly homestay located in close proximity to protected forests we request you to carry back whatever plastic waste you bring with you as we have no non-biodegradable waste management system on site.
- We provide shower gel, shampoo, towels and house slippers. Iron and hair dryer are available on request. Umbrellas are provided. There is a fridge if anything needs to be cooled.
- Please note that there is no TV or room service
- We do not maintain any stocks of packaged food items like bottled water, soft drinks, snacks etc nor do we encourage their consumption.
- Do note that the village where the villa is located is a bit remote and has only a couple of basic shops which stock bare essentials. The nearest town market is in Bajoon which is 5 km away while the nearest city market is in Nainital which is about 15 km away so please pack accordingly.
- Bookings can only be done by an individual aged 18 and above. Anyone aged below 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult to stay at Fagunia.
- If you would like us to arrange a pickup or drop for you from the Kathgodam train station, then please let us know at the time of your booking.
- Please note that you will need to walk just under a kilometre down a village path from the parking area to the villa and the villa itself is not accessible friendly so if you or anyone in your group has mobility challenges then we do not recommend booking with us.
- The villa can accommodate upto 12 people.
- Do note that only Jio 4G and BSNL mobile phone networks work at Fagunia Farmstay.
- We have a range of board games like scrabble, chess, darts, poker, taboo etc available for use on request on a first come first serve basis. Check out all of our little extras that we hope will enhance your stay experience here.
- We will impose a non-negotiable cleaning fee of ₹25,000 if you or your companion(s) smoke inside the cottage or in common areas. Designated smoking areas are available outside.
- Early checkin or late checkout can be considered upon request. Please inform in advance. While our checkout time is normally 11:00 am, we are happy to consider a 24 hour checkout provided we have no other bookings that day.
Fagunia Farmstay-Entire Villa: Pricing
|Normal Season||Peak Season|
|₹26,999/night for up to 8 people||₹34,999/night for up to 8 people|
|₹1,999/night/extra adult||₹2,499/night/extra adult|
|₹1,699/night/extra child||₹1,999/night/extra child|
Adult: >14 yrs; Child: 6-14 yrs.
Child <6 yrs: Free for up to four children as long as they are accompanied by adult(s). While booking, there is no need to mention number of children if your children are below 6 years of age.
Peak Season: 24 Dec – 2 Jan
- Our final prices for accommodation are inclusive of taxes.
- Three vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner and evening snacks) are included in the tariff for all rooms for booked guests, unless otherwise mentioned. Non-vegetarian meals, BBQ and bonfire (bonfire only between Nov-Feb) are available as an add on option at an extra cost, which you can choose while booking.
- Morning and evening tea or coffee are also included in the price of accommodation. During the day, you are welcome to make use of our tea-coffee station to make more black tea/coffee as needed.
- Porterage from the village parking area until the villa is included.
- Any extra meals, snacks or drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
- Veg or non-veg BBQ and bonfire.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Cost of travel to and from Fagunia.
- Cost of laundry or ironing.
- Any costs for special activities or requirements.
- Any visa or other fees.
- Cost of porterage other than that included.
- Driver accommodation or meals.
Pets & Accessibility
You are welcome to bring your pet(s) since you have booked the whole villa. But as a courtesy to later guests we request you to please not allow your pets on the beds or sofas.
Sorry but given our remote off road location we are not accessible friendly.
Cancellation Rules/Terms & Conditions
Please go through our detailed Terms and Conditions here.
+91 76768 79879 [email protected]