About Shikra Suite
A sprawling duplex which like the sleek predator after which it is named is perched on the top most level of our villa and has a quirky split level layout. The Shikra Suite’s lower level consists of a long drawing room which leads into a walk-in closet and an ensuite toilet with a panoramic forest view.
The upper level has a large bedroom with an antique king sized bed and a cute attic bedroom on the side. The bedroom also has a distinctive fireplace, writing desk and window seating niches. One side of the bedroom overlooks the garden while the other side opens out into a semi-private sit out area with views of a pine forest on the side and the mountains in front that is perfect for intimate conversations late into the night.
Check out our other rooms here.
Room Type: Suite
Bathroom: 1 ensuite
Check In: 02:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Meals: Vegetarian meals included. See below.
Hair Dryer: Available on request
Board Games: Available on request. See below.
Smoking: No smoking. See below.
Pets: See below
Additional Costs & Services
Adults/Children: See below
Extra people: See below
Laundry: Only washing. ₹25/piece.
Train station pickup/drop: Available. See below.
Discounts: 7/14 consecutive nights booking: Flat 15%/25% off respectively. For monthly and long bookings, please contact us.
By staying at Fagunia Farmstay, you are also helping to reduce your impact on the local environment. Read more about the environment friendly measures we have adopted in running and maintaining Fagunia Farmstay here.
Things to Note
- This is our dream home which we worked on for years to give it its present shape. While we have done our very best to equip the villa with the best fittings and furnishings to provide a luxury hotel like comfort we request you to be considerate and treat it like your home and not as a hotel. Given its remote location and close proximity to nature, there may be inconveniences that you may face but rest assured we will do our best to offer you a memorable experience.
- Our meals are served as per a fixed menu and at designated times in the common al fresco dining area. Our food is a blend of local Pahari cuisine with northern and southern Indian cuisine influences.
- Lunch on the day of checkin is not included unless requested by guests. Please confirm a day before your checkin date if lunch on day of checkin is required. This lunch will be a simple vegetarian meal.
- Since we are an eco-friendly homestay located in close proximity to protected forests we request you to carry back whatever plastic waste you bring with you as we have no non-biodegradable waste management system on site.
- We provide shower gel, shampoo, towels and house slippers. Iron and hair dryer are available on request. Umbrellas are provided. There is a fridge if anything needs to be cooled.
- Please note that there is no TV or room service
- We do not maintain any stocks of packaged food items like bottled water, soft drinks, snacks etc nor do we encourage their consumption.
- Do note that the village where the villa is located is a bit remote and has only a couple of basic shops which stock bare essentials. The nearest town market is in Bajoon which is 5 km away while the nearest city market is in Nainital which is about 15 km away so please pack accordingly.
- Bookings can only be done by an individual aged 18 and above. Anyone aged below 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by an adult to stay at Fagunia.
- If you would like us to arrange a pickup or drop for you from the Kathgodam train station, then please let us know at the time of your booking.
- Please note that you will need to walk just under a kilometre down a village path from the parking area to the villa and the villa itself is not accessible friendly so if you or anyone in your group has mobility challenges then we do not recommend booking with us.
- The suite can comfortably accommodate upto 4 people.
- Do note that only BSNL (and sometimes Vodafone/Jio) mobile phone network works at Fagunia Farmstay.
- We have a range of board games like scrabble, chess, darts, poker, taboo etc available for use on request on a first come first serve basis. Check out all of our little extras that we hope will enhance your stay experience here.
- We will impose a non-negotiable cleaning fee of ₹25,000 if you or your companion(s) smoke inside the cottage or in common areas. Designated smoking areas are available outside.
- Early checkin or late checkout can be considered upon request. Please inform in advance. While our checkout time is normally 11:00 am, we are happy to consider a 24 hour checkout provided we have no other bookings that day.
|Normal Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|₹6,999/night for 2 people||₹7,999/night for 2 people||₹9,999/night for 2 people|
|₹999/night/extra adult||₹1,299/night/extra adult||₹1,599/night/extra adult|
|₹599/night/extra child||₹799/night/extra child||₹999/night/extra child|
Adult: >14 yrs; Child: 6-14 yrs
Child <6 yrs: Free for up to two children in this suite as long as they are accompanied by adult(s). While booking, there is no need to mention number of children if your children are below 6 years of age.
High Season: 1 Mar – 30 Jun and long weekends
Peak Season: 24 Dec – 2 Jan
- Our final prices for accommodation are inclusive of taxes.
- Three vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are included in the tariff for all rooms for booked guests, unless otherwise mentioned. Non-vegetarian meals are available as an add on option at a nominal cost, which you can choose while booking.
- Morning and evening tea or coffee are also included in the price of accommodation. During the day, you are welcome to make use of our tea-coffee station to make more tea/coffee as needed.
- Porterage from the village parking area until the villa is included.
- Any extra meals, snacks or drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
- Veg or non-veg BBQ and bonfire.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Cost of travel to and from Fagunia Farmstay.
- Cost of laundry or ironing.
- Any costs for special activities or requirements.
- Any visa or other fees.
- Cost of porterage other than that included.
- Driver accommodation or meals.
Pets & Accessibility
We welcome pets but for that you will need to book the whole villa. This is to avoid other guests getting disturbed. Click here to book the entire villa.
Sorry but given our remote off road location we are not accessible friendly.
Cancellation Rules/Terms & Conditions
Once your booking is confirmed and paid for, you will be entitled to cancel, however, as we incur costs in booking and cancellation, you will be refunded as per our cancellation policy below:
- Confirmed & paid bookings cancelled 7 days prior to arrival will attract 10% deduction
- Confirmed & paid bookings cancelled 5 days prior to arrival will attract 20% deduction
- Confirmed & paid bookings cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival will attract 50% deduction
- Confirmed & paid bookings cancelled 24 hours prior to arrival will attract 100% deduction
Having said that, we understand that sometimes even best laid plans can change so if you have to cancel your booking due to an unforeseen emergency, please let us know and we can consider, at our discretion and subject to availability, keeping your payment for a future stay within 3 months of your original booking.
For rest of the necessary and unnecessary rules and disclaimers, please go through our detailed Terms & Conditions here.
+91 76768 79879 email@example.com