About Starling Room
The Starling Room is a cosy and comfortable room that is perfect for couples, this room has been named and themed after the Starling family of birds, which can be seen frequently around the cottage. The room features huge picture windows offering beautiful garden and mountain views. A patio in front and a common garden on the side offer ample space to laze about. The Starling Room has an ensuite toilet and comes in a double bed configuration.
Special Note:The Starling Room is located below the Barbet Suite and as there is a wooden floor/ceiling separating them there will be sound transfer between the rooms if there are other guests staying in Barbet at the same time. If that will be an issue for you then please do not book this room. Check out our other rooms here.
The final price will be inclusive of all veg meals for the booked number of guests. See details below.
Room Type: Independent room
Bathroom: 1 ensuite
Check In: 02:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Meals: Vegetarian meals included. See below.
Hair Dryer: Available on request
Board Games: Available on request. See below.
Smoking: No smoking. See below.
Pets: See below
Additional Costs & Services
Laundry: Only washing. ₹200/load.
Train station pickup/drop: Available. See below.
Long Stay Discounts: For long stay bookings, please contact us.
Things to Note Before Booking
- This is our dream home which we worked on for years to give it its present shape. While we have done our very best to equip the villa with the best fittings and furnishings to provide a luxury hotel like comfort we request you to be considerate and treat it like your home and not as a hotel. Given its remote location and close proximity to nature, there may be inconveniences that you may face but rest assured we will do our best to offer you a memorable experience.
- There is strictly no smoking. We will impose a non-negotiable cleaning fee of ₹25,000 if you or your companion(s) smoke inside the room or in common areas. A designated smoking area is available in the garden.
- Early check in and late checkout is not possible. Please inform in advance.
- The room can accommodate a max of 2 people only. There is no provision to add an extra bed or mattress.
- As we are located in a super quiet location next to a protected forest, loud music or parties are not permitted. Please do not play music after 10pm in the outdoor areas.
- Three vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening snacks, morning and evening tea or coffee) are included in the tariff for all rooms for booked guests, unless otherwise mentioned.
- Non-vegetarian meals, BBQ and bonfire (bonfire only between Nov-Feb) are available as an add on option at an extra cost, which you can choose while booking.
- Our meals are served as per a fixed menu and at designated times in the common dining area. There is no room service or a la carte ordering.
Breakfast: 9 am to 10 am
Lunch: 1 pm to 2 pm
Evening Snacks: 5 to 6 pm
Dinner: 8:30 pm to 9.30 pm
- Our food is a blend of local Pahadi cuisine with northern and southern Indian cuisine influences. Read more about our food here.
- Lunch on the day of checkin is not included. It will not be possible for us to arrange for lunch on the day of checkin.
- Please note that our kitchen closes at 10:00 pm as our staff need to go home, rest and prepare for the next day.
Ecofriendly & Special Features
- As an eco-friendly homestay located in close proximity to protected forests we request you to carry back whatever plastic waste you bring with you.
- We change bed linen and towels at the end of or every 4th day of a guest’s stay.
- We use a solar powered inverter for power backup which provides basic light and internet backup for about 4 hours in case of a power cut. In case of longer power cuts, once the inverter runs out of battery, please bear with the power disruption until mains power comes back.
- We use a centralized solar water heater for providing running hot water in the bathrooms. In case there is no sun during your stay, hot water through a backup heating rod will be provided every morning (8-10 am). To help us save water, please consider taking bucket baths instead of using the shower.
- We have a range of board games like scrabble, carom, chess, darts, poker, etc available for use on request on a first come first serve basis. Check out all of our little extras that we hope will enhance your stay experience here.
What to Pack
- Body wash, shampoo and hand wash are provided. Filtered mountain spring water is provided for drinking.
- Fresh towels and bed linen are provided at the time of check in.
- We do not provide toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush, razor and house slippers or mineral water bottles.
- Iron, umbrellas and hair dryer are available on request.
- Please carry your medicines, beverages, good walking shoes and toiletries.
- Please note that there is no TV or air conditioners. Fans are available.
- Mountain weather is fickle and can get cold anytime. Please carry your thermals/woolens as required.
- There is a fridge if anything needs to be cooled. We do not maintain stocks of packaged items like bottled water, soft drinks, snacks, maggi.
- Do note that the village where the villa is located is remote, rural and has only a couple of basic shops. The nearest town market is in Bajoon which is 5 km away while the nearest city market is in Nainital which is about 15 km away so please pack accordingly.
- The last 3.5 km to our village is a rough, forest track that is motorable up to SUV car size only. Please note that you will need to walk about 450 metres (5-10 mins) down a village path from the parking area to the villa. You can view videos of the forest track and walking path here.
- Our staff will meet you at the village parking and help with getting down your luggage.
- If you need a pickup or drop from the Kathgodam train station or Pantnagar airport or need to go sightseeing, then please let us know at the time of your booking and we can put you in touch with a local cab driver.
- While we don’t have driver or staff accommodation, if you let us know in advance, we can suggest nearby places that can accommodate them, charges for which will be additional (paid directly to the local host).
WiFi & Connectivity
- We have a dedicated broadband WiFi connection. But due to our remote location and/or if there is bad weather, it sometimes can stop working. Jio 4G works most of the time.
- If you need mission critical access to the net during your stay, please carry a Jio dongle as your internet backup.
- Do note that only Jio 4G and BSNL 2G mobile phone networks work at Fagunia Farmstay.
Pets & Accessibility
- You are welcome to bring your pet(s) that are well behaved and which will not cause any damage to our home or staff but for that you need to book the entire villa. As a courtesy to later guests, we request you to please not allow your pets on the beds or sofas and to clean up after them.
- Given our remote, off the road location, we are not accessible friendly.
Please go through our detailed Terms and Conditions, including our cancellation policy here.
By staying at Fagunia Farmstay, you are also helping to reduce your impact on the local environment. Read more about the environment friendly measures we have adopted in running and maintaining Fagunia Farmstay here.